Over the past few weeks, several fellow bloggers have complimented me with a nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I cannot tell you all how tickled I am. Not only am I having a ton of fun flapping my lips through this blog every day, but also it seems others are relating to what I have to say…not to mention the sense of community and support I feel among my fellow bloggers.
- 2ndhalfolife at email@example.com
- Marcia at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kat at http://travelgardeneat.com
- Lori at http://dearmsmigraine.com
- Cathy at http://onthevector.com
…as well as everyone who has chatted or said hello in the comments section, “liked” my posts, followed my blog, or even just smiled to him/herself while skimming my daily distracted dribblings (how’s that for alliteration? and for that matter, how’s that for a high school vocab word?).
Among my responsibilities and pleasures in accepting this award are to:
- Thank the person who nominated me (Check!)
- List 7 things about myself (see directly below)
- Nominate 15 bloggers and inform them (see directly below the directly below)
Here are seven things about me…
- I have a minor addiction to deal sites like LivingSocial and Groupon. (The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem…)
- After my second year of college, I took a break and served for a year in AmeriCorps in California, Oregon, and Hawaii. I know: whoa is me, forced to go to Maui for two months.
- I’m a big fan of prime numbers. 7 is my favorite, followed closely by 11 and then lucky number 13.
- I have a knack for losing pens and hair ties (blast! egad!).
- My stomach is sensitive, but I somehow managed not to get sick the entire month I spent traveling in India a few years ago. (Not many people can say that!) OK, fine, maybe once, but reallythat was it.
- I had surgery on my face when I was a teenager where bone was inserted in my jaw and palate from my hip. …and yet the dentist still says something about my goofy bite whenever I go in for a visit.
- Beginning when I was 8 years old, I went to sleep-away camp during the summer for a month at a time. I didn’t think anything of it, but in retrospect I guess that’s pretty young to be away from home for so long. Hm, adventurous spirit: nature or nurture?
Now I get to nominate 15 bloggers for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. One of the reasons it took me so long to accept the award is that I wasn’t sure how I would narrow down my list to 15. I find inspiration among so many types of blogs!
As much as I’m honored that some of you out there find me inspiring, I can’t help but think, “I haven’t actually thru-hiked the A.T. yet! I’m just all talk at this point.” So I decided to focus on bloggers who themselves have thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail.
Below is my list of fifteen, to include women and men, old and young, and even some that made the valiant attempt but knew when to say when (sometimes that’s even harder than sticking with it!). Some of these thru-hikers raised money for charities; others now act as resources for future thru-hikers. Check out their blogs for inspiration!
I definitely like poking around these folks’ sites. And with some hard frolicking in the woods and a little luck, hopefully I’ll be able to add my name to this truly inspiring list by this time next year.